Sunday, 6 January marks the Feast of the Epiphany, when the Magi (often known as the Three Kings) visited the Baby Jesus to pay homage and present their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
Over the holidays
Just over 2 months to go to the Parish Fair and planning is well under way.
Thanks to those who have started bringing in items – it’s really fantastic! Keep it up!
Our Stall Coordinators are looking for volunteers to assist them – prepare to be approached!
This great fundraiser is racing ahead with full church leadership endorsement—it will only work if the whole Parish gets behind it!
How can you help? See Brad McLaren, Michelle Holloway or Jo Bilton.
For your diary
|January 12||Outdoor Adventures working bee and planning meeting|
|January 18-21||Outdoor Adventures, Mikimiki|
|January 19||10.30 am – 3.30 pm – 4F’s “Summer Fun” at Black Rock Rd. Start and finish at Community Hall.|
|February 2||10 am-12 pm, Community Hall – Matt’s Place.|
|February 16||3 pm – 5.30 pm, Community Hall: 4F’s – Free Family Fun & Food.|
|February 23||9 am – 3 pm – KidZ WorkZ Team Retreat/Planning Day @ Black Rock Rd.|
|March 2||7.30 am – 9.30 am, Men’s Breakfast, Community Hall|
|10 am -12 pm, Community Hall—Matt’s Place|
|March 9||8.30 am – 10.30 am, Women’s Breakfast, Community Hall|
|March 16||11 am – 4 pm: Parish Fair, St Matthew’s Community Hall and grounds|
If you have an event you’d like added to the list, please email the Parish Office, or phone 06 370 8589.
- the new “Outdoors Adventures” group and their first outing to Mikimiki in January;
- peace and safety in homes and on the roads this holiday season.
- for the persecuted church, those Christians who live their lives in danger for the Gospel’s sake, that they will know God’s peace and love in a powerful way, that they be strengthened and be filled with His joy.
- those on the mission field and also all those closer to home who are in sad or lonely circumstances.
- for Edwin and those who are ill as they recuperate and get well.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled” Matthew 5:6 NKJV
Koinonia – January 6, 2013
Read this week’s issue online here.