Highlights from the September Vestry Meeting:
- St Andrew’s Building Committee has been given the green light to put the Catechesis Classroom plans to tender and to connect the St Andrew’s Church and proposed new building to the town water supply.
- The Memorial Book located in St Matthew’s Church Chapel is to be updated in due course.
- We still don’t have a Classical Concert Music Coordinator – any volunteer(s)?
- Vestry will use a planning day to discuss responses to a questionnaire/survey of their management and visioning of the Parish.
- Vestry is setting up a Charitable Incorporated Society for future funding of Community Pastoral Developments and will employ part-time up to six months, a professional person to set this up and begin raising funds to support the position.
- All Parish buildings (excluding Vicarage) have been inspected for earthquake risk and a report is being compiled.
- A grant has been received from the Venimore Trust for Children’s Ministry within the Parish; this has been shared out between the Catechesis (St Andrew’s) and Kidz Works (St Matthew’s) programme.
Minutes of any meeting of the Parish Vestry are available for viewing in the Parish Office.